- Front-end node driftwood + 8 computational nodes ash1, …, ash8
- Each node equipped with Intel Server Board SAI2 with dual Intel Pentium 3/1133 MHz CPU and 2 GB RAM
- /home – 84 GB of main storage with user quotas, backed up using HP SDLT320 tape drive
- /data – 37 GB of overflow and temporary file storage, not backed up
- /tmp and /global_mpi/tmp are also accessible for writing locally on each node
How to Use the Cluster:
1. Use the front-end node (driftwood) to compile your application.
2. Use the Portable Batch System (PBS) to submit your job. PBS-based Torque ver. 2.2.0 is currently installed.
There are 2 available queues:
- normal – no time limit on time, 16 CPUs maximum, execution hosts ash1, …, ash8
- test – 1 hour computational time limit, 2 CPUs maximum, execution host driftwood
For more information on job management, see:
- Wiki Torque Documentation: Job Submission
- Wiki Torque Documentation: Monitoring Jobs
- Wiki Torque Documentation: Canceling Jobs
See also the PBS User Guide (pdf).